0161 304 5000
Personal Insurance >

HOLIDAY home insurance

If you own a second home for weekend escapes and vacations, then you should protect it with specialist holiday home insurance.

RBIG Holiday Home Insurance Solutions

As your holiday home is not your primary residence it’s likely that you’ll be leaving it unoccupied which can mean it is at higher risk of theft or damage.

Standard home insurance may not be suitable as policies tend not to cover homes which are left unoccupied for 30 consecutive days or more.

Even some specialist policies might require you or your representative to poke a head around the door once a week to check everything is OK.

This is understandable. If a pipe freezes and bursts, it is going to cause more damage if left unchecked than if someone is on the scene to take action.

Expert advice and support

If your second home is mortgaged it’s likely that your provider will require you to have buildings insurance.

We can provide expert input to help you calculate the level of cover required and offer it as either standalone or combined buildings and contents cover.

As it can be difficult to assess the total value of everything from carpets through to bedding and kitchen utensils, our experienced advisors can also help you determine how much holiday home contents insurance you should take out.

Holiday let insurance

If you offer your property for short-term rent, then you should take out holiday let insurance. This includes public liability insurance to cover you for legal fees and compensation claims should one of your paying guests suffer an injury or damage to their property.

We can also offer other benefits such as loss of income and alternative holiday accommodation for your guests should you be unable to let your property because it is damaged.

If you employ someone to clean or maintain your property then you might want to talk to us about employers liability insurance.

For longer lets you may want to consider landlord insurance. We offer this within our Commercial Property Insurance portfolio.

Our holiday home insurance service

At RBIG we offer advice that is both expert and impartial in order to guide you to the best holiday home insurance.

Our expert advisors can provide professional guidance and arrange cover for:

  • Second homes
  • Holiday lets
  • Airbnb and other short-term rentals
  • Overseas properties
  • Historic and landmark properties
  • Holiday cottages, apartments, flats, gites, houses, villas
  • Boiler breakdowns, water leaks, burst pipes, roof damage and other home emergencies
RBIG’s extensive experience, professionalism and commitment to service excellence provides welcome reassurance that you’ll benefit from the best advice, cover and price. It’s insurance expertise that puts you at ease.
’One stop’ for all your insurance needs
Experienced and expert in the provision of general business insurance, our dedicated team also boasts a broad range of sector-specific specialisms.
A proven pedigree
We’re proud to have served the business community for 40 years. Our proven pedigree enables us to provide clients with time-tested risk management strategies to best protect their corporate assets, liabilities, profits and investments.
The trusted choice for business
Our clients trust and rely on us to arrange affordable and effective protection for their vital corporate assets, commercial vehicle fleets, private cars, key people and more.